1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to land the big accounts

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Wrobel#1, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Wrobel#1

Wrobel#1 LawnSite Member

What is the best way to land big accounts what will make my company different then the others. I am currently taking landscape class.I got great equipment
    1997 Dodge Ram 2500
    2004 Ferris IS100Z
    2003 48 Gaint VAc
    1996 Bobcat 48
    1999 14ft trailer
    Echo Pb403
    JD TRimmers
    Give me some idea guys
  2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Get out and knock on doors, talk to the person that makes the decisions and know what you are talking about. Don't be cocky, don't be timid, but act like you know & love your business and show you actually care about the customers lawn. Then go out and prove it by doing excellant work, and pay attention to details. A customer may not notice when you do all the little detail work that makes the job complete...but they will notice when you DON'T do it.

Good luck with your business, and school.

3. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

Get out there and show people that you are a good worker and do quality work and you should grow by word of mouth.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

A wise man once said, "One must walk before one can run" or something like that. Point is, small accounts lead to big accounts. Like the others said, focus on doing quality work, and the pieces should fall into place. You need some references before you're gonna land that first big commercial contract.
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Wrobel#1,

Keep advertising and keep doing a great job and you will grow.