How to make money from a tractor?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danslawncare, Dec 21, 2004.

1. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

Hi guys,
    I own a lawn care business, and am 18 years old. I have a Kubota BX2200, 22hp with 4wd. Obviously diesel. The mid mount mower, and snow blade, as well as a 3pt. aerator and dethatcher. Any other ideas on how i could use it to make money? What do you guys use tractors for? Keep in mind, i don't do major experience...but would like to get some!!

Thanks in advance, & Merry Chirstmas!
  2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Garden rototilling is real big around here.
  3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Your tractor will mow right with the ZTR's. Problem with most ZTR fans is that they have not been on a tractor since 1978, and have no clue as to the mobility they have these days. Not to mention the versitility, side hill capabilities, and comfort.
  4. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

don't you think that people would frown on me sitting on a tractor as opposed to my walk behind? Do you think they cut equally. I use a JD GS30 walk behind with the 36" deck.
  5. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

put a box blade on it and do some grading work for home builders,/ homeowners. get a bush hog for it and do some bush hogging. really anything that will connect to the back on the 3 point you could do
  6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Installing bushes and trees with an auger attachmentoer even fences for that matter. Tree transplanting, regrading dirt driveways, field mowing.
  7. blair smock

blair smock LawnSite Member
    from OHIO

You could get a 3 point post hole digger, Charge per hole- fences, decks etc?