1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to mount leaf vac on plow frame

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bill645, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Bill645

Bill645 LawnSite Member

I'm looking for some info on how to mount my leaf vac to my plow frame. Does anybody have pictures of this type of setup? I need to get going on this. I was thinking of using an old A frame to put the vac on and use the blade lift hydrolics for the snow plow to lift it up and keep it positioned. Has anyone done this is this a good way to do it?? If anybody has pictures of how theirs is set up, please post them. I need ideas how to fabricate this set up.

2. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

That sounds good to me. Or, just put a reese type hitch in front, with a cargo carrier.
  3. Bill645

Bill645 LawnSite Member

Hmmm... that might work... I have a receiver... might fit

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What about welding the reciever tube onto the A frame quadrant? With the A frame, you have the pin setup for stability, and you could raise the vacuum up a bit higher for clearance. Just a thought.
  5. Bill645

Bill645 LawnSite Member

Thanks joe
    I think I'll try that. I'll try to piece it together this weekend and see how it looks.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Also, just a note; you may want to reinforce the square tube to it with a few L shaped pieces of steel. Maybe a few 1-2" pieces cut from some heavy angle or something. Also, you'll probably of course have to do something different with you chain location - perhaps run a "Y" in it or something. You'll know after you get some measurements on it. Let us know how it goes!
  7. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

I thought about doing that too but my question is do the leaf vacuums have enough nads to shoot them through that much tube into the box.
  8. Bill645

Bill645 LawnSite Member

The guy I bought my vac from had it mounted on the front of his truck, and said he had no problems. This is a Giant Vac w/ a 11hp Briggs
  9. Bill645

Bill645 LawnSite Member

Well, I've decided to mount the vac on the trailer, and build the box on the trailer. I started to get things together for the front mount, and just don't have the time to get it done for this season.

Thanks for the input from everyone. I plan on doing the front mount for next season. Definetly wil have pics of it when it is done!