How To: Multiple Quotes

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Chris J, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

How do you guys create a message while showing that you are responding to multiple quotes? I've seen some of you post messages that have several past messages at the top of your post. How are you doing that?

2. CTJ

CTJ LawnSite Member

Do you use the "multi-quote" button?

3. CTJ

CTJ LawnSite Member

Is this going to work?

4. Chris J

I know how to use the quote feature like you just did, but I'm talking about multiple quotes at the same time in the same post.
    Where is this multi-quote button you are talking about?

5. CTJ

CTJ LawnSite Member

if you want to "multi-quote", click the multi-quote button for the post you want to quote, and then hit the quote button on the other post you want to quote and both quotes will show up in your post

6. CTJ

CTJ LawnSite Member

Click once on the multi-quote button which is to the right of the quote button. The button will turn orange. Do this for each message you want quoted in your message.
    Then click on the quote button and type your message.

7. Chris J

OK, For a minuite there, I thought I was being jiped of services (I want my money back!)
    Now I see the freaking button. Next question: If I'm reading this post, and want to quote you, but I also want to reference something that someone said in another thread, can this be done?

Thanks for your help by the way.

8. CTJ

CTJ LawnSite Member

this is just a test. You can type the quote tags yourself and then cut n paste the text from the other thread.

9. Chris J

Why O Why do I have to be so Old! This computer generation is passing me by! I know this seems like simple stuff once it's explained, but I'm sitting here feeling like a real putz because I didn't know it in the first place!
    CTJ, You have been a real help and I thank you very much. I was reluctant to post the question, but I was reminded of an old saying: "the only stupid question is the one that is not asked." Thank you again my friend!

10. CTJ

CTJ LawnSite Member

I just did a search on multi-quote, and found an old thread about it.