How to post pics?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Bunton Guy, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Trying to learn how to post pics[​IMG]

2. Bunton Guy

Ok that didnt work![​IMG]

3. Bunton Guy

What type of file does it have to be and what size?
    [​IMG]

4. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

"Valid file extensions: htm html gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg doc xls pdf"
    "Maximum size: 153600 bytes"

I use jpg and I resize the picture to 640x480 pixels. Just make sure it is under 153,600 bytes.

You are posting pictures the wrong way. Don't use the vB Code that says IMG (unless the pic uploaded on the internet already), use the Attatch File feature (when uploading pics from hard drive).

Right below the message box in which you type, click on the "Browse" button and find the file on your computer. That should do the trick.

Ryan

5. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Bunton - JPG (JayPeg) - 72 pixels per inch resolution - 640 pixels wide and no more than that tall (otherwise you will be over the limit for posting) - low resolution 1 to 3 when saving it to whereever you are going to get it to post.

Thanks, Brad[​IMG]

36x-flexed ditch-north knock.jpg

6. Bunton Guy

Thanx guys

yanmar resized.jpg

7. Bunton Guy

That was a picture of my new Yanmar diesel Z rider (bob-cat)

yanmar resized.jpg

8. Bunton Guy

Still trying to get the picture a little more clear.

yanmar resized.jpg

9. Bunton Guy

Loading into the trailer.

yanmar resized.jpg

10. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

It helped me to change the setting on my camera. My camera can be set to take pictures in one of four positions that determine recorded pixels. 6M=2832x2128__3M=2048x1536__1M=1280x960 and the one I use for pictures I want to post here is labeled. VGA=640x480.
    I am still brand new to digital cameras but this has helped me keep the interrogatory of the pictures I post especially if I have to resize them still. Which I do and I am still trying to figure out why. It says it is recording the right amount of pixels but there still to large to post some times. Still I don't have to shrink them much from there and they seem to stay sharper than before. You seem to have gotten it already anyway. Maybe this will help some one.:)