How to prevent Castlewall stones from being stolen

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by RELIABLELAWNMAN, Feb 13, 2008.

1. RELIABLELAWNMAN

RELIABLELAWNMAN LawnSite Member

I have a customer that has a flowerbed located in the front of her house. It is made out of Castlewall stones. Someone has stolen twelve of the stones from her flowerbed wall. Any ideas how I could prevent these stones from being stolen? Is there an epoxy glue or some type of mortar that could be used between the stones? If so, how clean would the surface have to be? Thanks for any help!

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

PL Adhesive. Put them inbetween all the stones.

3. RELIABLELAWNMAN

RELIABLELAWNMAN LawnSite Member

Thanks John.
    Will call the distributor listed for Fresno tomorrow.
    This site is great !!!

4. AceFinish

AceFinish LawnSite Member

Glue works never encountered that problem of people stealing stones we had somebody come down into our yard at night and steal about a grand worth of plant material.

5. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i've had that happen. pulled them out of the ground at a taco bell. just planted that day. stolen that night.

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

That is today’s society.

7. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

Ill add to that, Ive had perenials stolen from the back of my truck twice while stopping real quick for lunch. Funny how you load up 12 at the shop and only have 10 when you get to the job. No blocks stolen, but have had dumpsters at jobsites over weekends and when we arrive on monday there are couches and trash filiing them up. Needless to say we dont stop anywhere anymore when hauling material. I second the glue idea, I think you can find PL at the depot, or any masonry store will have several kinds of glue.

8. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

go buy a inferred game camera....cabelas has them cheap

strap it to a tree and camo it up with some branches

check pics the next day

Go whup the living hell out of whoever it is and get your stuff back

if they dump garbage find out where they live and dump a load of stumps, leaves and their garbage on there front lawn

if you whup ass you might get in trouble... the garbage... no cop will ever arrest you.... not around here anyway... noone likes a litterbug

Nate

9. AceFinish

AceFinish LawnSite Member

Yah these were container and some b&b they dropped one in the middle of the lot and we noticed it the next and on top of that we were pouring a new concrete driveway the drove through fresh concrete.

10. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Just for the record I have had stones stolen off of completed stack walls. It ended out being a person walking their dog. As they walked the dog they would take one stone a day and carry it home.