1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How to price a pond

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by ajslands, Jun 9, 2010.

1. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Start another thread with some build pics and details. This sounds like a cool project.

2. jonesy5149

jonesy5149 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

this is the **** i hate soooooo bad wen you go give a price and some kid comes in and really screws it up..... ( just get the numbers :dizzy: and the know how to do this before going and making all us look like ****)))_))

3. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I salute you for your efforts.
    I started business when I was 16, and you can be successful. Screw all the old guys on this forum...

Before you install that big of a pond and waterfall for a client, be very sure you understand all options in materials and construction techniques.

You said you have experience, so I won't criticize too much; just be 100% sure that you would want the products that you are selling your client to be installed in the same manor in front of your $400,000 house. After thinking about the money statement, please realize that you are probably working for someone who is making an investment in their home or property...Just think of how you would want it done if you spent X amount on a property and a home... You want something great!