How to price bush trimming

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by DRBLawnBuster, Mar 15, 2009.

1. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster LawnSite Senior Member

How do you guys price for bush,and shrub cleaning. Like do you charge so much per bush or by the hour?

2. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

it's sooo subjective, I do an estimate on how long it will take and use an hourly rate to quote a price.

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

45 an hour, plus hauling fees.

4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

My customers want an up front price. I have to estimate the time and removal costs. The last thing I will ever do is quote anything based on actual time with an hourly rate. The last thing I want is to have a customer watching me work, and deciding whether or not I am working fast enough.

Pruning can be very hard work on large hedges. Sometimes, you just need to put the trimmer down and take a break. I will be the judge on whether or not I'm going fast or efficiently enough. The customer has his price, I do my job, he stays out of my hair. If my estimate was lousy, my fault.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

The only thing I price per "bush" are ornamental grasses.

Otherwise I do what others are saying and estimate how long it's going to take, discreminate the customer, and make a price.

6. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

by the man hour espically if you send workers customers always ask for more than the normal

7. figure out how long you think it will take an do no less than $45/hour. trimmin hedges is a pita and dont short yourself. Add a little extra time on just in case. NEVER tell a customer a per hour rate. Some will scoff or maybe even pass out if they find out your making $50/hour to trim hedges. We know it is what we should make, but some people think it is highway robbery.

8. tmc8524

tmc8524 LawnSite Member

I estimate by the hour, but don't tell the customer that's what you are doing. Just use it as a tool. I usually do $40 an hour by myself, $50 or so if I have help but youve got to remember if you have help you will get done faster, so don't short change yourself

9. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually do between $45 and $50 and hour. If they are Indian/Middle Eastern then its $100 an hour because I know I'll be there twice as long while they nitpick everything I do.

10. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

I like to charge $5 a bush and if I have to use a step ladder $10 a bush. But You may go a tad bit cheaper if there is allot of them. Also for the ones you have to get a latter for may be a little more than $10 depending how big around and how tall.