How to price Commercial Properties

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by tejas241, May 10, 2005.

1. tejas241

tejas241 LawnSite Member

Hello guys and gals! And thanks for your time. Here is my delimma: I am wanting to chase some large commercial properties and I am not even real sure how.

So advice on how you all persue those properties would be a HUGE help.

Also, how do you price them? Especially for large properties like plants where acreage exceeds say 20 acres.

Are they typically anual, meaning they pay you your rate monthly for 12 months?

If 12 mo do you go low rates accross the board assuming 30% (winter) you most likely will have very little to do???

In our area most are graded well, meaning relatively flat with few trees. Thanks all, your help is greatly apreciated.

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Most commercial properties like malls , stores condos etc. are managed by a management company. Find out who they are and contact them in person.
    Industries or large corporate plants usually have a maintenance person in charge. Find out who they are and contact them. Most times they will listen and maybe ask you for a proposal. Sell yourself and your company
    To put together a commercial proposal make up a spread sheet with all your estimated costs for a site. Don't forget anything and make sure your estimates
    are right, walk the site several times if need be. Give them everything they ask for and even make suggestions on your proposal for extra work that will make their landscape look better.

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Forgot about payments. Most commercial sites are on a budget so be flexible with your billing proposals, give them several choices. I offer 8,10 and 12 month billing. Some resorts and hotels only pay me May -Oct because their bussiness is seasonal, even though we work March thru Nov. Just make sure you have a good contract for them to sign.
    Good Luck
  4. kintaro

kintaro LawnSite Member

get shawns commercial properties in the lawn and landscape maintenancebusiness its allyou need it explains everything about large commecial jobs landed me 3 big jobs!! got to get it!!