How to price Commerical lawn

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JonsLawn, May 23, 2010.

1. JonsLawn

JonsLawn LawnSite Member

I am going to be putting a bid in to mow the common areas in my subdivision and the road ways to the ditch the devloper thinks it will take about 8 hours a week... what would you guys charge? I have never done commerical mowing do you generally charge more? or less? or the same? I was thinking somewhere between 450 and 550 a week....I have insurance and license... formed under s-corp.
  2. AzLawnMan

AzLawnMan LawnSite Senior Member

How much time do YOU think its gonna take? I do bids where the developer or person in charge say, "The last company was here 8 hours a day" Well how big was his crew? What type of equipment does he have? How fast was his crew? Lots of questions you need to ask yourself. I just got a property where the Property Manager said the last company and 8 guys there all DAY!! And by all day I mean 7am to around 6pm. I send 5 guys there from 7am to 3pm and we have serviced more in a month than they did in 2 months. So dont take his word for it, figure out the time its gonna take you to do it and then adjust your price from there. If I have a property that needs a full crew all day once a week, then the minimum charge is gonna be $4k a month, and then I adjust for trimming, trash, irrigation check time, blowing, etc..
  3. JonsLawn

JonsLawn LawnSite Member

I think that it would take anywhere between 7 and 10 hours... to do mowing and trimming... and of course some home owners mow there own to the ditch so it would save a little time...
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

commerical is unlike resident.

keep your hourly rate.

Grass is GRASS. doens't matter who ownes it.

if you make 50.00 an hour bid it at 50.00 an hour