How to Price Landscape & Irrigation Projects

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by VO Landscape Design, Nov 15, 2006.

1. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

Great book so far, only on chapter 10. Has anyone used the CD's for the Excel worksheets or the Audio of the book? A real in depth look at the business so far. I can see why some business's fail, learned a few new things already.
    Joel

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

This may be the book I talked about in the 10000 flyer post,
    who is the Author. Where did you get it?

3. VO Landscape Design

I checked our Library for interlibrary loan and they found it. The author is James Huston. They have audio CD's of the book and a CD of Excel worksheets each for $150. So far the book is fantastic. It has been mentioned in another thread but I couldn't locate it.
    Joel

4. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

What is covered in the book. Does it cover how to price landscaping jobs. By the title I would think so. I have been looking for something like this. We have them for our construction projects and there great. So is the title of the post the name of the book, written by James Huston.

5. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Yes is what I thought---It is very good. I sat in a class of his at JD university last year, He is a good guy to go see.

6. VO Landscape Design

Here is the link for it at Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Price-Landscape-Irrigation-Projects-Greenback/dp/0962852147/sr=8-1/qid=
    1163705495/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6119407-5908733?ie=UTF8&s=books
    Amost 600 pages,Chapters like--Estimating System Overview--Sales and Revenue Budgets--Equipment Costs--Unit price Bids--Common Mistakes--Special Bidding Situations--Computer Estimating--Marketing Strategies and much more.
    It has sample forms in the back to help. Read a few more chapters today.
    Try your local Library they might have it or maybe they can find it thru Inter Library loan then you can see if it fits your needs before you buy.
    VO

7. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

If anyone is a member of PLANET they offer the book/the audio CD's/the MS excel CD worksheets for $125 each or all 3 for $310.
    the book is cheaper on amazon but i did not see the CD's or the excel worksheets on there. Has anyone found the whole set cheaper?