1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

how to price leaf cleanups

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowerboy04, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

how do u guys prices your leaf cleanups i just bought a hasty vac this year and am trying to figure out how to bid these jobs. any suggestions would be greatly apericated.
    don't mind the spelling
  2. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

I bill $150 an hour for cleanups. I usually give a set price based on that and the approximate hours it should take. sometimes I get less, but that is the goal. $150 for a 3 man crew per hour.
  3. Pro-lawns

Pro-lawns LawnSite Member

$40.00 Bucks a hour with a 2 hour min
    and dump fee payup
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I like that, I use 35 with the backpack and 45 with the 10hp pushblower but I REALLY like your 2 hour min and yes you absolutely MUST get a dump fee if you're hauling even IF you can dump for free you need to charge for this time.

As for me, I *HATE* hauling because it goes on MY own lot so I do everything I can think of to get out of it. Some thing that work are chopping the leaves with the Wb thou few will go for this, some will (it isn't good for the lawn), with others I see if there's a spot in the back or over the side, some wooded area or anyplace else I can start a compost pile, grins. It's to the point I'll come back after the cleanup and dump a bag or two of Lime on their pile at cost to help it decompose just so I don't have to haul them.
    Whatever you do, NEVER bag the leaves lol, I always get one request or so here and there asking me (or telling me) can I just bag them in garbage bags - This is not cost-effective, it's bs, it takes forever and if you charge by the hour it's STILL bs lol.