how to price plant install jobs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rats5656, Oct 10, 2000.

1. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

ihave 41 plants jobs to price do this make any senase ???please help

whole sale * retail coustomers pay per plant
    30$ @50% =45$ * 2.5 90$@6plants = 540 $

my point is how much to charge on the markup on the retail price or is that to high please help ?

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I charge 2.5 times the price of the plant. If it cost $30.00 I charge $75.00 for the install.

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Kirby...does that include a one year warranty? I would assume so for that type of mark-up, but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks

4. KirbysLawn

Scraper, yes it does.

5. Lawnmasters

Lawnmasters LawnSite Member

Scraper,
    We charge similar to Kirby. Take the total amount of plants and supplies, Fertilizer, Soil Amendments, etc. Multiply that by 60%. Then I add for Mulch. Some people want an enormous amount of mulch for large beds but not so many shrubs, this isn't fair to include the mulch in all jobs as the same amount, so I add for the mulch to the plant and labor costs. This has worked well for us.

Good Luck,
    Greg Pierce, CTP

6. eskals

eskals LawnSite Member

Wow!

Ray, you must really be sick and have alot of time on your hands. This is the first time I can recall you posting on the landscaoe forum. If that bronchitis keeps up, soon we'll be seeing you in the Snowplow forum :D

Eric

7. KirbysLawn

Trapped in my room with a humidifier, 60 channels on TV with nothing to watch, and a computer. The puter wins! I have posted here a few times, not sure about that snowplow thing though. :D A few more days of this and I will catch up with Lazer and Eric.

Ray