1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to price sod install?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by recycledsole, Feb 7, 2013.

1. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

It's good to network with people close....even though they might not be Steelers fans lol
  2. sodworksllc

sodworksllc LawnSite Member

Steelers fan here!

OUTLANDER LawnSite Senior Member

Damn!!! i knew there was a reason i read this post all the way to the end:terribletowel:
  4. sodworksllc

Hahaha you know it!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

is it really necesary to add a soil ammendment? the area has a hill that is quite steep
  6. sodworksllc

by not knowing the soil type or anything about it its hard to tell but I would say yes for sure
  7. sodworksllc

Its hard to give specific advice with out seeing the area but definitely go with a starter fertilizer with good phosphorous to allow healthy root development. This will make your sod look the best in the long run as well and grow healthy. Topsoil amounts just depend on what the soil condition is but I would suggest at least 2 inches along with tilling the old surface like we talked about earlier. If your soil has a lot of clay I would apply lime to break down the ph level.. the more attention you give to the soil will just make the lawn look better and better.