How to raise prices?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by quietone, Mar 6, 2007.

1. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Re: Price increase. Never tell unless they ask. That being said, don't make huge increases either. Does your CPA or Dentist etc. inform you of price changes? Mine never does.

2. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, now is not the time to raise prices especially with your customers getting 4-5 flyers and solicitations a week. Great advice fro Ed Hess. Wait til mid-season. The verbiage about raw materials and gas will still be true looks like. Gas here has increased .12 in a week. What will it be when we are really humping it?????

3. e-RoK

e-RoK LawnSite Member

lol. I would raise prices very carefully. Explain the reason and justify the increase as well as state the reason it would be benifitial to continue service with you.

4. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

I raise my prices each year at the beginning of the season. Everyone is usually incresed by $3-$4 per week and the price increase is brought to their attention in their start of the season letter. If an existing client wants to walk over a small increase per week then so be it.

Last year I had 2 out of 120 people walk away because of the price increase and mid season 1 of them called and wanted to come back. If people are pleased with the quality of your work then their not going to make a fuss over a few extra dollars.