How to register for warranty w/ Hustler?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BAMARED, Jan 8, 2005.

1. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Good afternoon,

I just got a new Hustler Z and was wondering how I go about registering for the factory warranty? There was nothing in the manual or paperwork to fill out and mail in. I wonder if the dealer that I bought it from handled this for me and just didn't tell me or something?

Thanks guys,

BAMARED

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The dealer should have filled out the registration forms and mailed them for you. Check back with them and make sure that they did this. My dealer did it while I was there at the time of purchase.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Your dealer has the warranty registration, they fill it out along with a pre-delivery checklist, and mail or fax it to the factory.
    Welcome to the Hustler family! What mower did you end up going with?

Pj

4. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

Thanks Dennis and PJ,

I went w/ the Mini Fas Trac 36" 15 Kohler.

Thanks again,

BAMARED

5. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

Congrats on the new mower!

I bought the same one last August.

I cant wait to start back up this spring!

6. BAMARED

BAMARED LawnSite Member

DSIM,

Which model/eng. did you get? The owner's manual talks about a forward and rear "anti-scalp" wheels. There's only (1) of these wheels on my mower - it's on the left side of the deck at the rear if you're sitting on the mower. Is your's like this? Also how do you feel about the sealed (no maint.) spindles? Does your machine seem to be holding up fairly well?

Thanks,

BAMARED

7. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I bought a Super Z with a Bak-Vac in Non./and my dealer took care of the warenty info..................love that mower.....just waiting on the grass to turn green!!!!..............!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

8. DSIM

Same as yours I think, The 15hp "Kohler Courage". Since th edeck is so small only one anti-scalp wheel was used. I too have wondered why just on one side? I think the 42" would use both sides.
    Machine is holding up great. Still like brand new. I think this mower is going to suprise many. One dealer in Florida mentioned on LS that he sells them as commercial with a 1 year warranty.
    I called Hustler yesterday to get an idea of how long these hydro's are rated for and how much to replace. The guy I talked to said that they really dont even know yet for commercial use. He didnt even know how much the hydro's were if you had to replace them. ;)
    I only average about a 100 hrs a year on my mowers. With that said, this mower should last me a few years, anyway.
    What we need now for them is an ocdc.

9. Mindless

Mindless LawnSite Member

Before I bought FasTrak 20/52, I called and talked to engineer who supply the hydros to Hustler. If memory serves me, I believe the engineer stated 750 hrs hydro life for the FasTraks.

Terry

10. DSIM

Thanks Terry,
    How do you like your Fastrak? How long have you had it?