How to remove adhesive from old letters on box truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by exmarkking, Aug 15, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Turtle Wax Sticker remover. Works awesome.
  2. show-n-go

show-n-go LawnSite Member

mineral spirits works wonders on any sticky residue
  3. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok guys, so I got a product that gets the adhesive off. Now once I get it off, I'm thinking I can prime and repaint the box. I'm thinking I can get a foam roller and a gallon of gloss white rust oleum paint and roll it.
  4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

5. ArtLikeLandscapes

ArtLikeLandscapes LawnSite Member

I can't get any pictures to load I am on mobile. The place I use is a tractor trailer repair facility for the trailers only. See if there is one around you it is just as cheap as doing it yourself. They do great work and fix my box trucks when trees run into my trucks when my guys are driving around.
  6. BckYrdLmbrJk

BckYrdLmbrJk LawnSite Member

Heat it up gently with a heat gun and peal up an edge with a razor blade. Pull it up, some vinyl comes off easy, some will keep breaking when you pull it. Heating it to the right temperature has a lot to do with it.

In most cases there will be a sticky adhesive remaining behind where the decal is. They sell stuff at any auto parts store that'll weaken that up. Spray or pour that stuff on it and scrape it with a plastic squeegee and wipe clean with paper towels or something.

Try not to get that chemical on your skin or inhale too much of it though. It'll make yer stripes crooked.:dancing: