How To Remove Grass Stains Off Mower Deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by iski3d, May 29, 2001.

1. iski3d

iski3d LawnSite Member
    from NH

Does anyone know how I can remove the grass stains off the front of my mower deck. The nice red paint on my Ferris is turning green. I remember someone here on lawnsite saying something about eagle 1 car cleaner. Does it work? Thanks.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I would perhaps try some rubbing compound, then wax. If you really want to get it all off, that is. I would sort of equate this to wash the tires on your car or truck - on the thread side. It just wouldn't serve much purpose, as within an hour of use afterward, it would be all stained up again. But, I can certainly respect your wanting to take care of your equipment!:blob3:

3. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

This buildup is like plaque on your teeth. Take a toothbrush and some crest and start brushing.

Seriously I use super clean and a scrubbrush...

4. evergreenlawn

evergreenlawn LawnSite Member

I use Super Clean and a presure washer. Spray it on and wahs it off after about a minute. Be careful it can fade your paint. I've never had any problem with the deck though.

Scott

5. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

Super Clean is the former "That Purple Stuff" Correct? I used it on the bottom of my mower before I sprayed Slipe Plate on it. Purple stuff worked, Slipe plate...Waste of time!

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I can get off 99% of the junk on mine with simple green and a perssure washer.I put a quart of simple green in a 2 gallon sprayer,top off with water,spray it on dry,let it sit for a minute,then I fire up my 3200 pSI/4 GPM powerwasher,it'll peel it right off in no time.

7. luckylawnboy

luckylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Castrol super clean works great for me also. Spray it all over everthing, scrub and rinse, and it clean. It is the Only thing I have found to take off the black Exhust from my 94 Z28. The tips turn the bottom of my bumper black, and this stuff take it right off.

8. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the same stuff on the mowers as I do my truck. Just a good car wash and brush. Rinse with a garden hose.
    :)

9. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

Get some hood degreaser from your power washer dealer or reasturant supply house. This stuff is a mild acid and works great. Spray on with a pump up sprayer, let set for a couple of minutes, hose off! Gets it ALL baby!!!:blob3:

10. slabpile

slabpile LawnSite Member

simple green workd good for me. Dont you listen to paul harvey?