how to repost a pic?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by PaulJ, Oct 31, 2004.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

this must be another "new" feater. In the past if I wanted ot ad a picture ot a post I could do it even if I had posted the same picture in a different thread in the past.
    Now I try to ad a picture and I get a message that I can't because I used the same pic already, even if it was in a completely unrelated topic last year.
    I see in the user cp page that there is a list of the pics I have attached in the past. Is there a way to access these to attatch or referense one to a new post?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

It ain't new paul :cry: Just resize it :drinkup:

John

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I believe you can go into user cp, under attachments, and delete any attachments that you want to reuse. I believe that works.

4. PaulJ

If if delete them will they sitll be visible in the original post?

5. PaulJ

still waiting:?

6. 1MajorTom

I didn't answer cause I don't know the answer, I guess you would just have to try it out on one pic and see what happens.
    Also, you can do this. Take the picture you want to repost, and very slightly resize it just a tad smaller. The pic will then be recognized as a new picture.

7. PaulJ

Thank yo for your help jodi.

Is the person who did the site upgrade available for some more insight:?

I don't get the logic of having to delete or rename a pic just so I can repost it.

8. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't know? I would be willing to bet that if you deleted a pic, it would be gone from the first post.
    I would guess that this feature is there to save bandwidth. Try linking to the pic that you have already uploaded.
    Like this... a lot of Bull...
    [​IMG]

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]
    See how easy?
    1)Go to the original post, right-click the pic.
    2) Copy the location.
    3) In the new post, click the little picture above the text box, the one that says, "Insert image."
    4)Paste the location in the popup window., and click OK.
    5) Submit your post.
    6) Thank Crawdad for teaching you how to do it.

10. 1MajorTom

Thank you Crawdad for the effort you displayed in showing our members here how to post a picture. It just goes to show, you do have Lawnsite's best interest at heart..... :)