1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to sell equipment quickly...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GOINGSOUTH, Feb 15, 2005.

GOINGSOUTH LawnSite Member

I have posted my equimpment for sale here and have only received a few calls, I have also called many of my old competitors. Please look at what I have listed and comment, am I not asking enough or too much? Do I need to add additional information? Please help, if you know someone who is in need of just a few of these items then the other items can be sold and may even cover all of the cost of what they wanted out of the deal. Any advise?
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You might try putting a link to your for sale equipment in your signature line so everybody who reads one of your posts can get a chance to see it. That's assuming that you signed up here at Lawnsite to actively participate in the forums and not just to put up a for sale ad.
  3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

as with everything else, it could be your marketing. your first post on this site is one trying to sell a load of equipment and the ad reads like a scam/spam given the all capitalization and multiple, over-selling "4 SALE!" pumps. it also looks like you're only selling it as a package deal, so you've limited your buyers right there. listing the retail prices, at least to me, adds another layer of confusion.

no offense intended, but it might be something you address in future posts.
  4. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

not to take anything away from this site, but we have a lot of local auctions up here. i have always had good luck selling equipment at these.
  5. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Have a yard sale. Run an ad in the local paper. No one on here buys used hand held equipment.
  6. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Where is it listed?
  7. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

If you want to get rid of stuff quickly sell it to me for really cheap!!
  8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

you could call back people that have already called you about buying some of the stuff. ;)
  9. Patrick.B

Patrick.B LawnSite Senior Member

You may put your equipments om ebay ,,,,,

GOINGSOUTH LawnSite Member

Did you mention that I should call back people that have called about buying some of the stuff? I thought I implied in my post that it was going as a package deal. I will update with a new post or edited post if I decide to piece it out.