1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to sell used equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Sep 2, 2002.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

How do you sell your used equipment? I take very very good care of my stuff it. All looks like new is serviced when needed. It is always kept clean and and serviced to a "T". There are only a couple other large commercial crews in my area so I doubt local advertising will do. Have any of you tried eBay or large newspaper classifieds?
  2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Things like Blowers, Trimmers, Edgers, even hand pruners do pretty well on eBay. I have bought and sold many of them. Mostly bought. But they seem to bring in pretty decent money on eBay. A mower, on the other hand, will probably not do as well unless someone who is fairly local sees it. And in that case, I'd do a 10 day auction.
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

id try the flea first then this forum or ebay. only problem doing that is shipping aggrevation
  4. Moondog

Moondog LawnSite Member

I need a front axle for a Ford YT 12.5 Yard Tractor model # 09GN2155, can anyone help?
  5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Try your local paper or weekly town magazine etc. I dont know if you have it but we have the WANT AD around here and you can sell just about anything in there for 5% commission max being $95. It is a free ad until you sell. Check to see if there is a similar mag in your area.
  6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I have had good luck selling through our local newspaper. Sold 3 ZTR's this year, all to homeowners with acreage to mow. :D
  7. Try ebay dude, I mean moondog