how to set up paymentfor a new customer @ first cut.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green King TLC, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Green King TLC

Green King TLC LawnSite Member

good morning guys. i am just starting out and was wondering how to get money from a new customer.

for example : if you set someone up on a monthly 3 to 4 cuts would you ask for 1 month in advance and then bill them every month after, or would you just bill them at the end of the month?
  2. DPAT

DPAT LawnSite Member

when i did it i cut three times a month and on the second cut sent them a bill for all three. but thats just my two cents
  3. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

I bill at the end of every month. I put the billing date in the contract. That way there isn't any issues.
  4. Green King TLC

:confused: so you guys are basicly mowing for 1 month free? is that right?
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I always charge a clean up, most of the time there is something that needs doing besides the regular cut.

I get paied for that, then I bill monthly. Of corse if there is NO problem with getting the 1st check
  6. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I tell customers that the first cut requires no contract, just payment due within 7 days of completion. I also tell them if they'd like to continue, we ask all clients to sign a contract. The tire kickers won't even get a first cut, and everyone else signs up. Ba-da-bing, ba-da-bang, ba-da-boom!
  7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

First cut or cleanup is due upon completion of service, after that they get billed at end of month. All bills are due upon receipt.
  8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

No, they are just offering 30 days free financing with no credit check. I charge one month in advance no matter if its a ratty crackhouse or a $2million mansion.
  9. Green King TLC

thanks guys... i like the first cut is paided at complection and if they like us all other cuts will be billed monthly.:usflag:
  10. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you just leave an invoice after each cut??