How to solicite Condo Complexes and Apartments ???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by hobbsd, Apr 11, 2008.

1. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

How do you guys solicit condos and apartment complexes???

I have a full time sales person working 60 hours a week making contacts, but there is simply no success in reaching the above mentioned!

They won't let us bid, or we can't find who to talk to....

I'd be curious as to anyones methods for reaching them...

Thanks!

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I have found around here that most of the places are run by property mgmt. companies.

3. hobbsd

from west wi

I know, they are the ones that won't let us talk to them...

But condos have a assc. manager who is some random person in the condo list... how do you market to them??

4. IN2MOWN

I have no idea but again the property mgmt companies are the ones in charge of who cuts the grass.

Your best bet is to contact them.

Get some sort of portfolio together and send it to them. Get on their list of companies to call.

5. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually, the boards make the decisions. The property managers would be the ones who suggest using your company to get proposals. Though if you have a good relationship with the managers, many times they can help sway the crowd.

6. IN2MOWN

I was not aware of that.

The ones I used to do I dealt strictly with the Mgmt companies for estimates, work to be done and payment.

I guess it depends on the property.

7. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, at least thats how it is here. The only place where managers make the absolute decision is apartments. However, they arent a property management company its just the property manager.

Sometimes, very seldom, but sometimes they turn the choice to the property manager.

8. hobbsd

from west wi

is there a certain time of year that the condo boards usually meet to decide?