1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How To Speed Up Lawnsite

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Runner, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

A while back, someone posted on how to set your computer to get rid of all the ads flashing and without them having to load, speeds up the browsing process considerably. This site (and Plowsite) have gotten to the point that they are so slow in loading, tat it isn't even worth the waste of time trying to read or post.My computer is LIGHTNING fast, and does VERY well everywhere else. However, because of the the number of "ads" that have to load - compared to the weak server and system this site has, I am reaching the conclusion that my time is far more valuable than to have to sit and wait 15 to 30 seconds (and more).
    Someone said there is a way to disable this ad loading and speed up the process. If anyone knows the process, or the link to that thread, please let me know.
  2. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Having the same issue!! Computer and dsl is really fast, but server is always busy. Reminds me of the dial up days
  3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I share the same experiences, especially in the past couple of weeks. Something has changed to make the response very sluggish. Other boards I view and post are not the same as LS, so I've concluded the recent change is LS.

I see headline now includes "... Moose River Media." This addition was recent (last couple of weeks), right? What does this mean for service and response?

Are the two matters related?
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Moose= Slow:hammerhead:
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I am also having the same problem and have for over a month. Sometimes will not load at all and on a good day it takes about 40 seconds to load, just sit here and look at a white screen.
  6. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

7. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

8. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

How would you like to make business with no profit? :waving:
  9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

They'll be finding out when the sponsors don't pay the bill because nobody can view the site because the servers are so slow.
  10. Indy Kyle

Indy Kyle LawnSite Member

I haven't had any problems at all. The longest ive had to wait is maybe 10 seconds.