How to start custom installs?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Diablo, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Diablo

Diablo LawnSite Member

Hello everyone, I have a question I hope you can help me with. I will be relocating to Colorado within the next month or so. Once, I get there I would like to start another landscaping business. I had one before I joined the service but focused mainly on lawn maintenance. This time around I would like to lean more towards landscape installation. I was wondering if anyone here has attended any seminars and/or short term schools that they found to be particularly helpful? I have experience in landscaping but have never installed anything bigger than a small retaining wall alone. I would like to learn more about patios, ponds and custom stonework. Thanks for the input.:drinkup:

2. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

The brick company Pavestone offers seminars and tests for your National Concrete Masonry Certificate for interlocking paver walls. They also conduct training seminars for their paver patio stones as well.
    You can obtain more info from their website, do a search and it should readily come up.
    A word of caution regarding the NCMC test, you had better pay attention as the test isn't a gimie at all.

3. Diablo

Diablo LawnSite Member

Thanks alot, thats exactly the kind of thing I am looking for.