How To Start...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by FordManKubotaDreamer, Aug 16, 2005.

1. FordManKubotaDreamer

FordManKubotaDreamer LawnSite Member

Me and my father have been doing mowing for 5 years. We have decided to go commercial. I was wondering when was the best time to file for a service license. Also any good insurance company's in NW Ohio. Also any suggestions on equipment. We already have 2002 F-150 Supercrew Fx4 tow package and an 1994 1ton, a 7x16 tandem axle, 2 huskee 46" tractors for ditches, and a 50" dixon ztr, we have 2 lawnboys 21" 19", Mc Cullah trimmer and blower.

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi FordManKubotaDreamer,

When is the best time? Now is always best. Congratulations on your new business too!

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>

4. FordManKubotaDreamer

What Licenses is it actually called.. And do I have to have any special permits...

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

choose the type of business and follw the link it is a vendors licence, and you make be requied to get caouty and city licence too, it varies.

6. farmerphilco

farmerphilco LawnSite Member

How long have you had the trimmer and blower FordMan? Do they hold up fairly well with routine use?

7. FordManKubotaDreamer

I would avoid the Mc Culluh.. They last about 2yrs... Then they dont want to run...