How to stop a thief

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J&R, Jun 21, 2004.

1. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

This past Sunday about 9 AM i was cutting a Comm. Account. I see a red pickup truck going around the block. I keep a eye on them as they pull up beside my Van and trailer and stop. I was on my Lazer Z and got over there fast and see one white guy with his hands on my Red Max trimmer in the trimmer rack. I pull out a 38 Smith& Wesson and fire one shot less than 6 in from his foot He turns and looks at me and shouts please don't kill me. I just had too let you know the good guy wins sometime.

2. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

Why were you off 6 inches on the horizontal and 4 feet off on the vertical?

3. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Gun control is being able to hit your target.

You ride your Z packing all the time?

4. J&R

I just wanted to put the fear of GOD in him not kill him.

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Was it the brightest thing to do? Maybe in north georgia, but here I beleive the customer might be a bit irritated.

6. J&R

The customer said i guess they wont be back around to steal anything here for a long time. If i had a drop with me that SOB would be pushing up daisy.

7. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i woulda beat the living hell out of him for even thinking of it. He knows never to try and steal from you again, but i gurantee he will try elsewhere.

It is virtually impossible to get caught stealing from a trailer.

Trevor

8. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

congrats on the good job stoping him

9. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

Most likely he didn't want to go to prison for murder. You can't kill someone for simple theft. I personally don't care but the law dose. I don't know about your state but here in Indiana discharging a weapon like that with out legal grounds is a class D felony ...criminal recklessness. You have to feel like and be able to prove your life is in danger to even pull a piece on someone.
    I don't agree with it but you all better be careful or some thief will end up being the states star wittiness against YOU! BS I know but thatÂ’s the world we live in.

10. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Protection of self or personal property.. seems like a fairly legal discharge to me. Long as he has a liscence