How to stop grass catching VX4 deck chute?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by greenology, Jun 14, 2013.

1. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

You can pick on the post # and it'll pop up in a separate window. Copy the URL and post that as the link. It'll take members directly to the post.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=3540613&postcount=19

And, I definitely think that baffle plate in the chute has an effect on dispersion. I've got an older FasTrak that occasionally does this and was thinking about making such a plate for it. I've got an X-ONE on order and am curious if it'll do the same thing. If so, I'll be making a baffle plate for it.

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Hey, thanks for reminding me about that. I knew you could do it, but didn't remember how.:hammerhead:

3. ducnut

No worries. Thumbs Up

4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

The "turbo baffle" will help but clippings will get caught underneath it. Its been my biggest issue with all these baffles Ive tried.

5. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Would be interested to see how you go with the X1, are you ordering the 60".

6. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Yea there was, thanks for that.

7. ducnut

Yes.

My dealer had sold out all 60" models and has a shipment coming Monday. He had offered me first chance at anything on the truck. However, Hustler whse was out of EFI models, which is what I want and am willing to wait for. They're projecting first or second week of July. Bummer!