How to stop mowers from sliding around on the trailer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Supper Grassy, May 30, 2008.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

fastraps will hold that beast dead still on the fly....
    but, you have to be able to deal with the chocks.....

2. marthanmike1959

marthanmike1959 LawnSite Member

Im just starting out part time.After driving a truck for 18 years i've seen alot happen .I've not ordered my bad boy yet im using my jd.I'll ask you the obvious are you using straps always use straps and cinch that mower down tight

3. iMOW LAWNCARE

iMOW LAWNCARE LawnSite Member

I use 2x4s as wheel chocks. Just screw them into the deck, holds it just fine. I rarely get over 45 mph though, mostely slow city driving

4. FNG

FNG LawnSite Member

The one thing I didn't notice here is any (with corey4671 being the lone exception) of the people posting "fastraps" or "prolocker" providing ANY information on where to get or see them.

I'm sure you like this product, and even want to help promote them, but giving a guy asking a question like this a one word answer is not really giving him any usable information...it's just background noise.

Jus sayin'

R

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I just got my Fastrap tie downs and love them. I'm still getting use to using them and after I'm finished at a job, I walk around the trailer 3 times thinking I'm forgetting something due to the fact that it takes seconds to strap both tires. I have them mounted in a way that I can use them on my Grizzly 660 as well. I also ordered the Extreme Rack too.

6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Some of my services are fairly seasonal - so I run two 10' E tracks down the floor of my enclosed trailer. I also run two shorter sections of E track primarily to secure my Quick 36. One piece of equipment always needs to stay home so the E track gives the greatest flexibility for me. Each day may have a different service focus. E track uses easily moveable floor anchors. Use with ratchet tie downs etc. Works well - not sure why it's not more popular here than it is.

7. CAT MAN

CAT MAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

strap it down would help alot

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, i was using ratchet straps and it was movging but i have it so that i wolnt move and i will be buyinh a set of fastraps

9. BryceBentleyLCS

BryceBentleyLCS LawnSite Member

Prolocker is the best and fastest. Here is a pic of mine:usflag:

101_0360.JPG

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

For a small, light weight mower like that I would put it in the front of the trailer.
    If for no other reason than if you ever have to slam on brakes and that joker comes loose, it won't slam into the front pushing your truck some more. Or at least forward of the axle, assuming you have a decent landscaping trailer the weight on the tongue issue here is minimal.

Only time I concern myself with over-the-axle stuff is with the Z.

Btw...
    Not to make anyone feel bad, this takes practice and time.
    But over the years I learned to drive more carefully, nice and slow, like grandpa...
    Because there are days I plain forget to secure stuff, regardless...