How to string an Echo trimmer so it doesn't get stuck.

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by noone, May 4, 2012.

1. noone

noone LawnSite Member

I may have to try that Speed-Feed head. I've about had it with this head. I usually go through a spool or two of line per use. Each spool gets stuck at least twice. Very frustrating. It does seem like the cross fire string is welding itself together.

I don't really know how much better I can wind this thing. It's not rocket science here, it just doesn't seem like a good design since it is so easy for the two sides to cross onto each other because of the eyelets.

So you pros out there- you never get stuck midway into a spool with an Echomatic head?
  2. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Once a year maybe, just cant get crossed up. Good luck.
  3. carriedrewdog

carriedrewdog LawnSite Member

The only thing I can add here is to keep the line tight while winding.
  4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Speed feed 375
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

450 for his trimmer, he'll be bitchin all day with a 375 and only 5 feet of line on each side. his trimmer can handle the 450 head which can take up to about 24' total. (12 each "side")
  6. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

I was at Home Depot the other day picking up a few things and decided to walk down the outdoor power equipment aisle. Walking by the Echo display, I look down and what do I see?! The speedfeed head universal kit for $29.99! I think I paid that plus shipping when I ordered mine online.