How to strip a yard?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scott015, May 30, 2001.

1. scott015

scott015 LawnSite Member

ya its me again...I just joined today and I promise you, you will know me soon enough...i am one of those people that ask alot of questions....:blob3: anyway, i am trying to learn all i can to start my own do you make strips? i would even like to know for my own yard.....i have a craftsman 6.75 HP push mower...and have pretty darn thick Bermuda grass....I mow it diaganal and change directions....but i never get the strip affect....
  2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

3. toroboy

toroboy LawnSite Member

I had a craftman 6.5 hp lawn mower and it made stripes in my lawn . I think It might that your lawn is very think, not that thats a bad thing. Sorry i can't really help, but I HOPE YOUR BUSINESS WILL BE SUCCESSFUL I THINK IT WILL YOUR ASKING A LOT OF QUESTIONS AND THATS A VERY GO START!!!!!:D
  4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

the effect of striping is helped a lot cutting higher
    as you are trying to get it to lean slightly.
  5. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Scott, I am not sure if bermuda can be striped anyway, the impression that I get is that only cool season grasses can be striped, not warm season grasses (Bermuda, Centipede, Zoysia, St. Augustine, etc.....)
  6. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Scott,Where I live all we cut is Zoysia, and Bermuda and yes it can be striped. I don't know how well a 21" mower will work but it can be done. This friday I'll post some Bermuda lawns on erics post named stripes 2001.
  7. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

i think you need to read more of this site before posting and stuff but since your new thats cool good luck to you in this buisness.:eek: