HOW TO STRIPE??? Better!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clyde, May 3, 2004.

1. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

How do u get the mower to stripe ? Better
    Does it have to do with the blades being farther up in the deck or on the edge or hi lift ... the gator blades don't all together help as much. Whats some of the secrets to having a mower stripe better

I think that buy making this profession a bit more, meticulous we add more respect to the profession

Thanks Guys

2. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

what kind of mower are you using?

3. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Here is what I use.

superchainshitch.jpg

4. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

clyde,
    Yes a Striping Roller/ Chains do help enhance the stripe.
    Depending upon which type of mowers you are running, Most of the commercial mowers stripe pretty good in the stock form.
    You might want to try adjusting your deck pitch (remove a washer from the front caster wheels) and also try cutting a little shorter than you are. going from 3" to 2 1/2" can increase the vacuum under the deck and make the grass lay down better when the back of the deck hits it.

Hope this helps.

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO...

I like that. I saw it a couple weeks ago, and am in the process of putting one together.

Trevor

6. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

What size chain did you use or does it matter?

7. jcr_17

jcr_17 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

IMO,

Do a search!

8. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

SO ur saying the back of the deck NEEDS TO HIT THE GRASS after the Blades? To stripe better without haveing to buy anything like rollers?:blob2:

Ya i have a 48" kees W/B b4 my 52" lesco and it was great at cutting and leaving baseball field stripe.

9. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

If your using walk behinds you should get a proslide. I think this whole website agrees that proslide are great.