How to take care of my 48"

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by lenster, Mar 23, 2005.

1. lenster

lenster LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me what they reccomend to do to maintain their mowers appearance?I just bought a very clean exmark 48" metro and am interested cleaning, waxing suggestions.
    Does anyone use anything under the deck to make the grass removal easier?
    I am considering painting the muffler with high temp paint?
    Thanks
    Lenster

2. dillrob

dillrob LawnSite Member
    from Phila

Lenster, if you don't mind letting me know, where did you get your mower and at what price? Does it have ECS? I'm looking at the same machine. Thanks, Bob

3. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Compressed air is good for blowing off engine/deck. Careful if using water to wash off, the water can get into engine and electrical parts.

I have not used the products that say they keep grass from clumping under the deck. I have heard mixed reports on it. Mostly I've heard that it makes it easier to scrap off the grass after mowing. Basically you are still stuck jacking up the deck to scrap it.

How much are you mowing? A commercial mower should last you years with little maintenance. Make sure you keep the front wheels greased and follow the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual.

4. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Any auto wax will work good. Don't use a pressure washer. Wash/wax it as you would a car. You can use Pam cooking spray under the deck. Keep the blades sharp and the mower out of the sun as much as posible and it should stay looking like new. Change the oil every year and you shouldn't have any problems.

5. lenster

lenster LawnSite Member

Bob
    I actually bought it from this site. low hours
    No ECS with a sulky for 1750

What are you looking at?

Lenster

6. dillrob

dillrob LawnSite Member
    from Phila

Lenster,

I am nearby, Downingtown. I just bought a new Exmark Metro, 48" w/ECS from Frames (Rts. 100 & 401). Should be delivered this week. Price was $2,899 new. Seems like a fair price for a new one w/ECS. Looks like you got a good deal on yours.

Have you tried the sulky yet? If so, how did that go. I am now trying to decide between a 1 wheel or 2 wheel sulky.

Good luck with the mower and let me know how about the sulky if you don't mind.

7. lenster

lenster LawnSite Member

dillrob

Congratulations on your purchase. I would have liked to have been able to do that, but I am happy with tmy deal so far.
    Let me know after you try it out.
    I do have the sulky but am not sure it will work out for me because it is a 1 wheeled sulky in excellent condition (still has the nubs on the tires) but from what I have read I am over the weight limit of 200 lbs?

Does any one else know if this can be a problem for me?

I might even sell the sulky if the weight limit is a problem?
    Would you be interested?
    Lenster

8. dillrob

dillrob LawnSite Member
    from Phila

I am looking at sulkys right now, so let me know the specifics about yours. Is is a Velke brand? Is it already attached to your mower?

You can send me a private message, or post here.

9. lenster

lenster LawnSite Member

dillrob

It is a velkey, red.

Lenster

10. lenster

lenster LawnSite Member

I Forgot!

It is attatched!

Lenster