1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to take down this tree?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by godzilla, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Me ... I sub this kind of stuff.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Wait for it.............

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I would hire somone to drop the tree for you, then you go in and make the money to clean up what's left. And I'm not even trying to read Lawn In Orders post.
  4. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

Stop! I am no expert by any means but my good friend owns a tree service and we have worked for each other of the past few years so I have learned a lot.

1. you can not climb that rotten tooth pick
    2. that needs to be pieced down with a rope for saftey
    3. call acompany with a bucket truck and good insurance
  5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Best way to take it down is to cut it down. Great advice huh? This is why I SUB that kinda stuff lol
  6. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you seriously considering tackling THAT tree without skill, knowledge, insurance that covers it, and proper equipment? I truly hope not!!!! Call someone that has the word "Tree" in their name is the only good suggestion.
  7. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare LawnSite Member

Unless your licensed in demolition to use dynamite or have the equipment to take it down I'd call someone. Have it done right and save yourself the hassle. I would rather not make any money than risk having to pay out money to fix what I messed up. Let alone your hospital bills.
  8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Here's how I would do it:

Tell the customer "yea, I would be glad to remove your tree for $200. shouldn't take too long, we'll git-r-did today for 'ya".

Proceed to attempt to cut down tree, at which point it falls over, destroying the pool house while in the process of riping down the utility lines.

The last step, well, run like heck.

Na, I would just tell them to call a reputable tree service in town, and they could get it done safely with no problems.
  9. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

i would have it taken out for free using this method->

if it will fall into the utility/electric lines, contact the power company and tell them the problem...

generally they will cut it down and leave the clean up for you