1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to track doorhangers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jondcoleman, Feb 13, 2008.

1. jondcoleman

jondcoleman LawnSite Member

I am looking for ideas on how to track the doorhangers that we distribute. We distribute tons of doorhangers during the spring and I have not yet figured out a good way of keeping track of where we have put flyers already. We plan on putting out around 35-40k this year. What I usually do is assign a neighborhood to a crew but sometimes they don't finish the whole neighborhood in a day so I'm not sure how to keep track of what has been done and what not. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

i put numbers on them from #1 to whatever. that tell me what area they are in, plus i group the numbers into areas.
  3. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

my suggestion would be to train the crew members to do every house in the neighborhood. Street by street without skipping anything, without turning and going a different direction, every house.

Then, it seems like it would be much less difficult to check off the areas that are done.

that's not really tracking advice, i guess. but, it still seems like a logical solution.
  4. jondcoleman

jondcoleman LawnSite Member

What is it that you put numbers on?
  5. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

break it into codes or streets like one of mine is spring1000 for spring dr 1000 block or in some areas i put - Area 100 thru 105 for 5 different areas.

I put the numbers on the flyers or door hangers
  6. Ravenwood Landscaping

Ravenwood Landscaping LawnSite Member

I group mine into groups of 200 and hold them together with a clip. When I'm done a particular area, I count my clips to get a rough idea of how many I handed out in that area. I don't do exact quantities but I can get a number that's close.
  7. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

Two questions for you, im gonna be doing door hangers this year, and wondering out of about 30k whats your responce, and do you put the price on them?
  8. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I have usually received 1 call for every 100 to 150. This last yr 2007 with the bad economy...I received almost 75 calls on 4700 that were put out, it was unbelievable.

Hope this helps
  9. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

And, out of the 75 calls you received, how many new customers did you end up with as a weekly service?
  10. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

We closed the deal with about 25 to 35....if memory serves me correctly.