1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How to turn down clients you cant take on?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kebrowns, Dec 11, 2011.

1. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Man those few words are like a lit match near gasoline with some of the people on this site. :laugh::laugh:

2. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah I hear yah! :cool2::cool2:

3. ny scaper

ny scaper LawnSite Member

Like 32V has said, but to put it more bluntly, who gives a s**t what the other guy paid. Why is she calling you now then if she had it so good? Either that $140 guy went belly up or he was doing crap work. Yeah, that little old nice lady or whoever it is in the future...She's trying to lowball you down more or less.
    Dont sell yourself short on equipment. A 36 is fine. I used a 36 and 48 for years for a larger LCO I worked for and we banged out lawns, large and small.
    Get what you need to get and if potential customer declines, move down the street to the next one. But if you do get what you want...make sure you deliver and dont give them a crappy product or she will be moving on.

4. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

This is mostly all that matters.