1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How to upload/post a picture

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by chuckwk, Jan 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yes, it appears the problem is with your device...as southerntide suggested, you will need to rotate the image on your device and preview it before uploading here on the site

2. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Aura Lawns

Aura Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

^^ That was a test
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Michael, I have an I phone there is no altering or changing the image. I looked at the imaged yesterday and all of them were turned in the correct direction now this morning some of them are turned to the left. Why?? I did preview the image and it was correct then I uploaded it and it turned. Also I uploaded a picture from my phone yesterday and it was correct this morning I did the same thing and it was turned. I think something is up with LS not my phone.

5. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Alabama

You have a PC correct? Use the stock image Viewer on your OS - Operating System to open the photo and click the curved left or right button to rotate it and you are good no need to save it once rotated it stays.

I assume you use MAC since you have IPhone not sure the stock image viewer / editor on those.

This is what it looks like on Windows Photo Viewer but I mostly use Photoshop but for rotate this is quicker

But you should be able to do it on phone when viewing the photo select your options key look for rotate.

Capture.JPG

6. Michael J. Donovan

the only other problem I am thinking is that when you are taking the picture with your phone, you are taking them from different angles, views...meaning either taking the picture vertically or horizontally with your phone and the ones showing incorrectly here are because of that. when you upload an image here, it does not (should not) rotate the image in any way during the uploading process

7. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Alabama

Yeah the board attachments will NOT rotate uploaded photos

8. JLC Lawn Care

JLC Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

^^^same EXACT problem^^^ its driving me crazy because i had just figured out how to rotate them on my windows computer and it crashed.... my new mac is confusing :cry: :hammerhead: :wall :angry::angry::angry::angry: :wall

9. wes92395

wes92395 LawnSite Member

I'm sure It has been mentioned somewhere in here but I'm not reading all of these pages, so is there a way to post pics from my iphone on here?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Michael J. Donovan

posting images from a mobile device is not "always" possible...meaning that the mobile version of the site is set up for simplicity and does not have the complete functionality that the desktop version does. that being said, to post pictures, you may be able to go to your "Menu" and choose "View Full site" and once you do that you may be able to upload a single image at a time from your mobile device if they fit within the site size specifications

or, as some other members have done before, if you have a photobucket account, you can post links/images from there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.