How to use edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sdgoes, Mar 21, 2000.

1. sdgoes

sdgoes LawnSite Member

(rookie question)I just bought a redmax stick edger and the manual says &quot;Do not use the he2600 to make new groove into the ground&quot; It will void the warranty. How do you guys do it on a lawn that has never been edged or on the first time that season. <br>Thanks,<br>Steve

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

the only damage you can do is wair out the blade faster. no other damage. i have no experience with stick edgers or there performance but i use a push edger to egde the first cut of the year and on new lawns with bad edges.

3. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT A CURB THAT'S NEVER BEEN EDGED IN TEN YEARS,OR WHAT? THAT REDMAX WILL CUT DOWN SMALL TREES IF YOU WANT IT TO!YOU BOUGHT IT USE IT.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Be sure that you don't get the shroud clogged up!!! Keep it wao all the time, my stihl gave me problems one time because of a curb tthat had never been edged, melted the cable that drives the gears to the plastic inner liner! Helper let it bog real bad, they have to run at max rpm's to wi=ork efficiently, If it won't cut through it going forward pull back on it or make a second pass. Once you do it the first time the rest is easy and fast.<p>Homer