1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to use lawnsite

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Az Gardener, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have been on site now for a few months and I catch a lot of grief from my wife about the wasted time. Seems I spend more time answering questions than learning. But thats not true. I may not learn much new about the industry but I learn more about my self and my business. Many times I begin a response and I just type what comes to mind. After reviewing it a light bulb comes on and I get that ahh moment.

With so much to occupy our time it is tough to set aside some introspective time, LawnSite gives me that. More over it causes me to think deeply, not only about business but about family, our country, etc. It causes me to ask more questions, mostly to myself.

So I would encourage you to respond to all threads that interest you or those where you have a wealth of knowledge. You may be surprised that you get more than you give. (I think that's a lyric) Often I don't even send the post Because it goes off in a different direction as I type, but it enlightens me. You business is a reflection of you, so as you go so does the business. When something in the company is not working its time to look in the mirror. LawnSite is a good mirror.

To summarize LawnSite is a cheap therapist and business coach, use it in good peace. Thanks Sean
  2. cwlawley

cwlawley LawnSite Senior Member

I completely agree with you. A lot of time it takes solving "your" problems through seeing the same problem with another person.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Just don't forget to answer the wife's questions, also. Not only that, but don't forget to ASK the wife questions, as well. They like to to feel needed and important. Make sure your time is alotted right. Don't neglect one thing, for something like an online industry forum. It's easy to get caught up in that mess. Pay more time to what's important to you...REALLY important,...and let her KNOW that she's the most important.
  4. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Did my fiance tell you to say that Runner? :p
  5. o it grew landscaping

o it grew landscaping LawnSite Member

my fiance thinks i spend more time with lawnsite than her, she says i should marry lawnsite, ahhhhh no, thats quite alright.