1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to value a mowing business for sale?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hammerhead, Aug 30, 2007.

1. hammerhead

hammerhead LawnSite Member

Hey all,

How does one arrive at a value for a mowing business? i have the value on my equipment already but how to I come up with a value for the accounts. I know how much they make a month but what is the standard for selling them? Do you take what they make in a year, half year, or what? The guy that is interested is calling me tonight so any help would be great.
  2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Are they on contracts? Generally worth 2 months salary plus whatever extra you feel like adding in.
  3. hammerhead

hammerhead LawnSite Member

No contracts but I haqve discussed the sale with all the customers and they have agreed to stay with the new owner as long as he does compareable work for the same price. Most of these accounts I have had for 5-7 years. 2 of them being big, well-paying commercial accounts.
  4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Without something signed on paper and proveable, you may not find anybody that would risk paying for "accounts" like that.
  5. fox9988

fox9988 LawnSite Member

I'm from Lincoln and would be interested.824-3468
  6. fox9988

fox9988 LawnSite Member

correction 848-3053 or 841-1016 i dont often call myself