How to water between window "wells"?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jcom, Sep 19, 2006.

1. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking for ideas on different ways to water between window wells on a customers property. Grass is going to be to the foundation and window wells are 3-4 feet apart and extend out 3-4 feet as well. We have used side strips before and then spaced accordingly away from the window wells but it was a PITA so we are looking for ideas.

Should be our last install for the year. Gotta load up the compressor!!!!

Thanks guys/gals,

2. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

So you need to water a 3 x 3 strip of grass? Why? And why so close to a foundation? Why not put a 3' to 4' border of edging around the house and infill with rock or mulch? I'll bet the homeowners insurance company and/or builder do not recommend grass with sprinklers that close to a foundation

But, if you absolutely need to, 2 - 5' quarter spray nozzles on prs heads would do the trick.
  3. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I have some 4' nozzles and will give them a try.

Owner just not want to use edging with muclh or rock or anything else.

Go figure.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The homeowner might change his mind after the landscapers keep bouncing equipment off the house while cutting/trimming the grass. Toro has a side-strip nozzle for their 570 series that will cover a 2x6 rectangle, for so long as it runs without clogging up. (it gets fitted with a special fine-mesh screen, in addition to the usual strainer)
  5. Kartanimal29

Kartanimal29 LawnSite Member
    from Ct.

Try a 6ft rainbird spray and turn the throw down. Have it throw away from the house
  6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Not all grass was created equal. When are people gonna learn that there are alternatives for freaky areas like this? :)

Put in the 5'-6' spray heads toned down and then hope that the customer has good, clean water. If not, then they'll be calling you out again to change clogged nozzles. T&M... cha-ching! :laugh: