1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How to wear eye protection and headphones

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by recycledsole, Jun 5, 2014.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Hey guys, I have a hard time fitting glasses under headphones. I know a lot of guys use ear plugs and sun glasses, but I don't like ear plugs. especially once they get dirty and go in my ear... Are there any ways to get sunglasses around your head while wearing headphones?
  2. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

Glasses with plastic temples will have issues with the seal on earmuffs. I wear prescription sunglasses, and don't have that issue, but I hear your pain. I can't think of much you can do. If the glasses break the ear cup seal, that's game over.

There are other ear plug options though. Since you don't mind wearing something with a band, you don't need to use the plugs you roll up and insert. Plugs with a clip don't go as far into your ear. There are ones that are just round, and pretty much sit on the surface (they don't block as much noise, but it may still be enough). Or you can get custom molded plugs that are easy to wash.
  3. M&L

M&L LawnSite Member

Radians ear putty.....
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

thanks for your responses. the only thing I can think of is a type of sunglasses that has a elastic type band and doesn't go around the ear. more like goggles. I hope I don't look too crazy. I want those yellow or rose tinted glasses too :)
  5. Nji911

Nji911 LawnSite Member

The cheap safety glasses from Harbor Freight work well. The ear pieces are flat and slide right under the muff. They come tinted and clear. Been using them for years.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

7. A&H

A&H LawnSite Member

I use my buds that came with the iphone, never dirtier than the absorbant foam around your sweaty head lol!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. southerntide

southerntide LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Alabama

lol what kind of earphones you using a gaming headset?

I use these earbud for phone listen to music never miss a call if I want to answer it been slammed with spammers and some stupid groundguys franchise that will not stop harrASSing me.

$6.31 great sound multiple size rubber buds for ear fits
  9. Shags

Shags LawnSite Member

10. Michael Ward

Michael Ward LawnSite Member

Stihl makes some safety goggles that can have an elastic strap that can fit over headphones, plus they are really good about keeping dirt out of your eyes while mowing. They have shaded and clear and are relatively minimal in size and wait