How to write up a proposal?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Dexter Church, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Dexter Church

Dexter Church LawnSite Member

A close friend who lives in a condo has asked me to write up a proposal and send it to the administration of his condo. The reason he asked me to is because they were not happy with the service last years LCO was giving them. The condo only wants the grass cut, trimmed and blown out. And also some hedge's trimmed twice throughout the contract. Last year the company that was in there was charging them $6000 dollars. The only thing is that i don't know how much grass there really is. How can i include this into the proposal? Like can i say "can we wait until the snow goes away so i could give you an accurate price or what?"

I've never had to write up a proposal to a condo or any sort of commerical building only estimates.

Thank you very much. Dexter

2. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Absolutly wait till you can see ground, plus rocks, stumps, plant beds etc. that you need to trim.

3. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

can you walk it out and see what size the area is maybe with a walking wheel ? figure out your sq ft and go from there . can you tell where the bed are and add those up for trimming try something like that .

4. Dexter Church

Thank you guys. I have seen this property a few times so i have a rough idea what it consists of. I for shure know that $6000 is a good go. The only thing is how can i write them up a letter and offer my service to them? Like "hi my name is so and so. I have been in the business for four years. I have a few commercial/larger accounts and would like to expand in this type of maintenance. Like i said above, i have never had to write a letter up so i don't know what to include or how to write one up.

Thank you again, Dexter

5. Dexter Church

Anyone? I need it in by Monday. I am almost done what i think is pretty good, i will post it this afternoon.

6. Dexter Church

I am writing you to offer you my service. I am the owner of a Landscaping co. on the West Island. I have been in the business for five years. Up until last season I was only cutting residential properties. For the up and coming season I am looking into maintaining larger properties like your building. I am fully equipped to maintain such a property like yours. We provide many different services, for example weekly mowing, garden bed maintenance shrub trimming and many other out door services.

Thank you for taking the time for reading this and I hope I will hear from who ever this may concern. It would be great if we could meet up and talk or even talk over the phone.

Dexter Church

What do you guys think of this. Like i said this i my first actual written proposal.

7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

If your friend lives there he/she should have a contact person and address. I think they are probably looking for a written proposal, stateing what you are going to do, when you are going to do it, and for how much. You can get proposals/estimates at a staples or office max if you arent set up for them on your computer.

8. kandklandscape

kandklandscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

contact a lawyer for this ? they have templates or you can buy them at staples.com you need a flawless one and most of the staples.com are writting by lawyers, costs around 50-100$

we just call our lawyer up, actually he is re writting ours because we had some legal issues last year with our contracts and proposals. saying they were mis leading when you got extra work..