How To?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RKS757, Mar 20, 2005.

1. RKS757

RKS757 LawnSite Member

Ok, i have a FL25 Featerlite gas trimmer and i need to know what is the proper mixture of gas and oil i need. When i start the trimmer i notice a large amount of smoke coming out from the engine. Any help or comments will be appreciated. Please HELP!!! :blob3: :blob3: :blob3: :blob3:

2. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

That seems to be an indication of not running lean enough mix. Too much oil for that engine(i.e. if you have a 2cycle that is suppose to run on say 50:1 and you run 32:1 fuel mix in it it will likely smoke because the 50:1 is more lean with less oil to lube. Don't know if this helps but thats what it sounds like to me. May want to refer to the owners manual to get what the fuel mix should be.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

It's 40:1 mix. You can go to wal-mart and get the poulan oil to pour into a gallon of gas for it. I can't remember for sure but I think its 3.2 oz per gallon of gas.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Please try this first. Dump what gas you have in the tank. Make sure your exhaust screen is clean. You will probably have to take the muffler off to see this. Take the spark plug out, bring it to a parts store and get another one. While there get AMSOIL 2 cycle oil. Mix at 80:1, the directions are right on the bottle. Put the mix into the tank and start. Synthetic 2 cycle oil is much better for equipment like this, no oil residue from over mixed gas, more power and better performance. I have been using synthetic for 8 years and have NEVER blown anything up. It is mixed at 100:1 and goes in all of my 2 cycle stuff. Good Luck.