1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How was everyones day?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by columbiaplower, Jan 16, 2001.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

No snow here. oil change on truck and other stuff. What about u all any snow ?
  2. neighborguy

neighborguy LawnSite Member

Only partly cloudy here. Been that way for the last week or so. I've been catching up on tons of "housework". Getting tired of no snow!! No snow equals no income. This months bills were paid all right, but getting nervous about next month. High point of the week looks like it is going to be hitting Chicago for the Mid-Am.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I'm ready for another month like December.
  4. sam c

sam c LawnSite Member

21hrs behind the wheel of my oshkosh! now a good nights sleep so my brain and body will function to make repairs tomorrow. NOT A BAD DAY !
  5. Iceman

Iceman LawnSite Member

Got all the maintance work done. Trucks are fueled and ready. Just waiting for the snow.
    And its been along wait. Hasn't snowed here in two weeks. I think we got Janurary's snow in December.
    Calling for (light) snow tonight. Yeah right. You watch, we'll get dumped on for sure.
    And I'll be ready.
  6. Yardworks

Yardworks LawnSite Member

I had a great relief. I thought I torched my 425 JD Hydro yesterday. I was snowblowing a long stretch of sidewalk that was buried from a city plow. It was wet and heavy to boot. Towards the end of the sidewalk tractor lost power and smelt severe burning or hot smell. Engine temp was fine so I thought it might be the PTO and hydro. Just barely got it back on the trailer. Left it there and finished up with the rest of my work. Thought about it all day as I was plowing. This morning started to check into it. Smelt the hydraulic oil. Didn't smell burnt. Engine oil looked good. Changed oil just for the hell of it. Oils cheap. Took the plugs out. One of them was completely missing electrode. I thought, can I be this lucky. Put a new plug in and it ran like a champ. Took it out for a little test work today and everything seems fine. Knock on wood. It's nice to dodge a bullet every once in a while.

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

replaced some u joints, everything ready, did a teensy bit -o-salting

run off freezing at dusk
    nice and casual day
  8. Dusty

Dusty LawnSite Member

A beautiful day here in N.E. CT (on the MA border). Hope that we don't have snow for a few days. Digging the foundation for my new garage in the morning and pouring the concrete by Friday (or I hope).
  9. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

Very slow here, not enough going on to make any money plowing /salting.
    Started working on mowers and cleaning out the garage.

They're saying maybe snow and sleet for thursday-sat here,

I hope we get something, I'm tired of doing house work : )
  10. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Replaced the water heater yesterday. Also had to run a new 30A circuit-boy those big 100A lugs inside the box are scary, esp when you dont do that stuff every day :eek:

Tomorrow the power co. is going to install a heat pump water heater to connect to my new 80 gal tank- all I pay is the installer his $150 fee, if I dont like it they will remove it no charge, if I like its mine to keep.

Printed out my 2001 lawn contracts, they will go in the mail next week to be returned by 3/1 or its SOL.

I have 2 cracks in the foundation which leak water during heavy rain, one is into the ash pit in the chimney the other is where the addition foundation meets the main house-they just butted the wall, and it seeps. Anyone with any ideas short of excavating from the outside (this will be my project next week if the weather is reasonable).

Gave up on vinyl siding the house-wasted close to a square on the dormer due to cracking in the cold, so now the house is 2-tone until it warms up sufficiently but at least I got the metalwork all done while I had the brake.

See, I dont need no stinkin snow to have fun!