How Was Expo???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rnbinmemphis, Sep 27, 2004.

1. rnbinmemphis

rnbinmemphis LawnSite Member
    from Memphis

I didn't get a chance to go this year, but am curious how the overall show was. The last couple of times I attended, it felt like the movie "Groundhog Day" in which it seemed to be the same people, same products, same attitude as the year before. How did attendance seem, attitudes of the vendors, new products, etc.?

2. Jhunter

Jhunter LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I never heard of these expositions till I started reading these forums. I didn't realize there was an abudance of info in cyberspace. :) If they come to my town I will check one out.

3. Maybe its me and i've been to expo since it first started, but was not really impressed. Now I went to GIE show last year in St. Louis and really liked that show better seemed to be more personable.

4. Fescue Farmer

Fescue Farmer LawnSite Member

This was only the second time I have been to the Louisville Expo, so I did not find it to be Ho-Hum, but rather I found it to be very informative. For the most part the vendors at the different booths were very knowledgable and wanted to be there (hence personable - its all in the "want"!).

The Excel Hustler guys were great to talk to. I finally got to put a face with the infamous Hustler mower consultant "PJ". He was answering posts from the Hustler forum at the show! Very dedicated young man! Paul Mullet, the president listened to me ramble about my likes and dislikes of the Hustler mowers for a long time and was pleasant to talk to.

My wife and newborn came with me - we left our two oldest with their grandparents - and we had fun. It gave my wife an oppurtunity to see how "scientific" mowing can be - she used to think that all "mower boys" were highschool dropouts! She is now married to one with a college degree :)! So it was good for her to gain a new appreciation for her husbands line of work. We enjoyed prime rib at the 5th Quarter restaurant and had great conversation on the drive.

I came home with a free case of Opti 2 two stroke oil we won amongst other freebies, but more importantly I came back with a few new ideas I hope to implement in our business.................and a few new equipment ideas I hope to fabricate this winter.