How well are the new Case series 3 cabs sealed?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ccstrebe, Jul 16, 2008.

1. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

I need to get a new unit and my local dealer don't know and I don't have time to drive 8 hours round trip to the next closest dealer. Just looking at specs and websites I'm realy torn between the Case series 3 450CT and a Cat 297C.

All opinions appreciated.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

They have 3-4 cabbed units in up here, but I have not had time to demo one yet. Now is a great time for me to demo one as it is super dry and dusty and running the Preparator in this conditions is a good test of anyones cab.

How do you like the Level Best grader attachment?

I have just put together a laser grader myself. Actually CAT did, the grader is from Southern Precision.

What are your thoughts on the 06-450 CT?

The Series 3 machines have even more torque than the previous models, the 450 Series 3 must really be an animal.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Didn't I get a phone call from you??

4. ccstrebe

Yes, that was me.

5. ccstrebe

How do you like the Level Best grader attachment?

I spent a long time researching out all of the available box graders and felt the Level Best was the best out there because the blade is moved by the hydrolics not the wheels. I started out with a six footer and upgraded to a seven footer when I bought the 450ct. Also the Level Best is a push pull box grader. I actually looking at their new one that has dual plane capabilities.

What are your thoughts on the 06-450 CT?

One of the reasons I'm torn between the Case and the Cat is beacause the 450CT is built like a tank and I like their engineering and with thier radial linkage set-up on the bucket/arms your cycle time on scoop/dump are very fast.

I'm perfectly happy with the one I got but for one exception, the enclosed cab is not so enclosed. In dusty conditions you might as well not have an enclosed cab beacause you will be just as dirty as if you didn't have an enclosed cab. I wouldn't even be looking at a new one if it wasn't for this problem.

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I am not sure if any skid steer cab is sealed and actually works.LOL

7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

NO COMMENT!

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

9. iron peddler

iron peddler LawnSite Member
    from midwest

well ksss i would be shocked if there is a sealed and pressurized cab out there for a ssl.....there is alot of variables on a ssl that don't sit well in that small of a machine........i sell Cat, and i do not promote a sealed cab......i questioned it when they brought it up, and so far it is better than what we had before, but is not sealed, i suggest caulking the side windows on any machine will help, but it will also show you the next weakest spot in the cab.

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Another hour of sweeping dust today and mine is still dust free, the engine air filter, now that was jammed tight.