How well do power vac's pick up leaves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by instyle, Jan 22, 2006.

1. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

I have never used a walk behind power vac to pick up leaves. I know it works real good when used after power raking. If I were to mulch the leaves first, then vaccume the lawn, will i get all of them?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I think i have what you are talking about, They are slow, the bags fill up quickly, and they only work OK if the leaves are dry. BP blower and tarps are much faster IMO.
  3. Jay's Lawncare

Jay's Lawncare LawnSite Member

I have actually used the Billy Goat walk behind vac and like mcw said, the bag fills up quickly then you have to empty the bag, very messy situation and it clogs a lot........jay
  4. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

by BP Blower I am assuming you are talking about the push/walk behind blowers. What kind of price is one look at for one of those?
  5. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

lawntec..."bp" is short for Back Pack Blower. These units are the ultimate in moving leaves from hard to get at places. They will move volumes of leaves over large areas quickly. There are several good brands to choose from, depending on your dealer access. Prices will range from $250-$500 depending on brand and size.

A bp,tarps and a rake will move more leaves per hour than you can imagine.

Good luck.......The Captain