how will the mini fastrac hold up?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by TClawn, Feb 8, 2005.

1. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I'm looking at getting the mini fastrac 36" deck for some of my gated yards and I was wondering how well it would hold up to commercial use.

it would be doing no more than five acres a week.

also my dealer qouted me me $4,400 with a 15 hp kohler. why is so high above the MSRP.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The Mini FasTraks are for home owner use on a single property, they are not made for commercial multiple site use.
    Although there are several people that have bought them for commercial use, they only carry a 90 day commercial use warranty.
    I would look at the 44" FasTrak, that is if you can use that size, it comes with a 1 year commercial warranty.
    Difference in the 2 units being the grade of integrated axles they are using.
    As for the price, I am assuming the dealer is adding shipping and handling costs to MSRP, these units are not cheap to ship to your area, whether in single amounts or full shipping containers.
    I would ask him to be sure though.
    Hope this helps

Pj

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

thanks, a 44" fastrac would really be of no use to me.

4. surfnturf

surfnturf LawnSite Member

HI TC, We have the miniFT 15-36 on sale now for $3399. Probably $100. to get it to Maui from Kauai. We also have the 36 with the Honda 16hp for $3899. We can also supply an aluminum trailer to drag it around on. Call me @ 808-823-0556. Aloha, Steve

5. surfnturf

surfnturf LawnSite Member

oops, my very first post may have violated the "no advertizing" policy. Sorry. TC-go to the Hustler website and check the dealer locater for Hawaii- you will find another dealer whose prices may be more attractive to you. Aloha.

6. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

One of my dealers is now selling these units and telling people that the 36 has a full 1 year commercial warrenty ! He also said that the distributor is telling him that the machine is built the same as the regular mini Z which he does not sell. He is telling the commercial guys that this machine is going to take the place of walkbehind units. Maybe you guys should make it a little more clear to your dealers as to what the warrenty is on all machines and also inform them that this particular unit should not be sold to commercial operators, until now I was actually looking at maybe buying one to fill the void between the 21" and my 52" ztr. I guess I will go back to the idea of a 36" wb

7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will alert the territory manager in your area and have him talk to your dealer.
    We make the warranty very clear to our dealers, he must be confused between the 44 and 52 FasTraks, that have a 1 year commercial warranty and the Mini FasTraks that carry a 90 day warranty.

Pj