How would BobbyGedd handle this one ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nosmo, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

There is this little old white haired lady in her mid 90's who lives next door. I have known her longer than I can remember. She is a widow woman with only one son.

I usually don't do neighbors much less as a freebie but this one is an exception. Well mowing this one's yard is not all that much of a problem but now leaves are all over her yard. She watched me yesterday out her window as I swept up (with lawn sweeper) my entire side yard and front.

She called early this morning and let me know the grass no longer needs mowing but there are leaves everywhere.
    Well you know what was coming next. Can you come over and clean up the leaves and wrap my water faucets so they don't freeze ?

I told her I had been reading a lot of opinions from different people and a Guy named BobbyGedd. Bobby says he ain't gonna give nuthin' away as far as labor.

But before I say yes or no I am gonna ask Bobby what should I tell my mother ?

Bobby Be Nice :p

Nosmo

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

just do what i do, with my relatives. simply inflate the price by 30%, then, give them a 25% discount. this way you get back your 25%, plus an additional 5%, as compensation for them insulting your inteligence.

3. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Why make a post asking the lawnsite god about what you should charge your MOM to clean up leaves. You can be a ruthless hard nose bastard to your clients if you care to run your business like that, but this is the lady who raised and provided for your for the first 25% of your life. She didn't charge you for those services did she? :rolleyes:

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

"the lawnsite god" ......... i love it, definitely has a nice ring to it.

5. RyanD

RyanD LawnSite Member

While we are handing out acalades(sp.) I would definately give you (bobby) "most entertaing member."

6. Nosmo

I didn't say I was gonna do what Bobby said. I said I was gonna ask what I should tell my mother . What Bobby said to do and what he does is his business.

Now wouldn't I be the biggest A-hole in town if I jacked the price up 30% and offered to give a 25% discount to my own mother ?

By the way raising the price 30% and then a 25% discount would be less than the normal selling price.

Example 100.00 regular price plus 30% = 130.00
    130.00 less 25% (32.50) = 97.50

So Bobby you are really giving your relatives a disount of
    2-1/2 %. We knew you were really a softie under the skin after all.

Gotta go -- mom's leaves are still there and waiting on me.
    Guess what's waiting on me when I get done . Apple pie and a Glass of Ice Cold Milk.

Nosmo

7. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

no doubt , she didnt make you repay her for being a mom , nurse , cook , laundry mat , and maid after you were grown did she ? i would say you owe her for atleast 15 years . my mom is no exception what she wants she gets within reason .

8. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

If you charge your mom your going to go to hell.

9. Nosmo

I'm getting a laugh out of this one. I never said I was gonna charge my mom. I knew this one was gonna stir up some responses .

I said I told Mom I was gonna see what Bobby Gedd said .

Quote: But before I say yes or no I am gonna ask Bobby what should I tell my mother ?

The title of the post is ": How Would BobbyGedd Handle This One ?

Post #2 tells us how it would be handled.

As for me I'm gonna go next door , clean up the leaves, wrap the water pipes and get paid. The payoff is Apple Pie
    and Ice Cold Milk.

Nosmo

10. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Do people read hes not charging his mom how many times does he have to say that. Where do you get this stuff. Im gonna start drinking cuase I can't deal with this.